- Compass Absentee Notes
- Dates For Your Diary
- End of Year Events
- From the Principal
- Short Supper Profit
- 50% Trinity Sibling Discount
- School Bus Travel 2023
- Sts Peter and Paul's Old Cathedral Reopening
- RE News
- Sport News
- Students v Staff Sport Challenge - Basketball... Staff 18 - Students 16
- Award Winners Week 7 Term 4
- ICAS Results
- Class Spotlight... Stage 1 (yrs 1 & 2)!
- Thank you!
- Canteen Procedures & IOU Information
- Canteen and Uniform Shop
- From the Student and Family Counsellor
- School Processes
- Community Notice Board
Please only submit whole day absences via Compass (i.e. do not change the time in the absentee form).
If you are dropping off late or picking up early you do not need to complete the absentee as you are required to sign your child in/out at the front office.
Term 4 - Canteen orders cut off at 9am
Summer Uniform - Orders sent home and shop open Tuesdays 9-9.30am
Week 7 - Monday 21 November - Friday 25 November
- SCC Meeting 7pm
- K-2 Swimming Program
Week 8 - Monday 28 November - Friday 2 December
- School Leaders 2023 Announcement
- Advent Liturgy (Parents & families welcome)
Wednesday - Red Day orders due 9am (no late orders accepted)
- Ss Peter & Paul's Cathedral Reopening 11am
- Trinity Yr 7 Orientation Day
- Sport House Captains 2023 Speeches & Elections (Parents & families welcome)
- SCC and P&F Dinner
- K-2 Swimming Program - LAST WEEK
- C&G 2023 Tennis/Basketball trials, Canberra
Week 9 - Monday 5 December - Friday 9 December
Monday - RED DAY
- Sport House Captains 2023 Announcement
- Year 6 Graduation & Awards + End of Year Whole School Mass, 10am at the Cathedral (Parents & families welcome)
- Year 6 Grad Colour Run
- School Carols Night and BBQ - 5.30pm for BBQ, 7pm for carols (Parents & families welcome)
- Kinder, Park Party Day, 10am at the Adventure Playground
- Year 1, Park Party Day, 10am at the Adventure Playground
- C&G 2023 Touch Trials, Canberra
Week 10 - Monday 12 December - Friday 16 December
- Year 2, Park Party Day, 10am at the Adventure Playground
- K-2 Award Ceremony, 9.30am in the Hall (Parents & families welcome)
- Years 3 & 4, Park Party Day, 10am at the Adventure Playground
- Classroom Changeover Day
- Years 3-6 Awards Ceremony, 12.30pm in the Hall (Parents & families welcome)
Thursday - DEVICES ALLOWED AT SCHOOL
- Year 5, Park Party Day, 10am at the Adventure Playground
- End of Year Gathering, 2.45pm in the Hall (Parents & families welcome)
Friday - LAST DAY TERM 4 - CASUAL CLOTHES
Thanks so much to Tully Park Golf Club who ran a charity day recently and presented the school with a $1030 donation. It will be used for Maths Equipment. We appreciate their generosity.
Soccer Club Presentation
The soccer club presentation was held on Sunday and it was lovely to have an opportunity to personally thank all the coaches & managers who have helped with players & games. Michelle Randall has been the chief organiser and president of the club for the past few years and she has done wonderful job attending meetings, organising equipment, informing families and recruiting players, coaches & managers. She is stepping down from her role and it was a priviledge to award her a life membership of the Soccer Club to thank her for all her efforts.
End of Term Events
As the year draws to end it will be wonderful to have parents, family & friends to attend our end of year celebrations.
We are having a whole School Carols celebration on 7th December that begins with a BBQ at 5.30pm, followed by Christmas Carols involving all classes at 7pm. I especially look forward to Kinder presenting the Christmas Story! On this evening we will also take the opportunity to thank all the families leaving our school. Some have been here a long time and have been great helpers at sports days, P&F functions and on the School Community Council. They have done a great job and I am sure it must be heartening to see the school growing, with younger parents keen to step in to take their place and continue to help the school to be a great community with wonderful facilities. Don’t forget to put that date in the diary.
Peter & Paul’s Old Cathedral Reopening
Last Friday on a beautiful spring evening I was privileged to have a sneak peak at the Restoration of the Cathedral. It has been freshly painted, the floor restored, the roof retiled & leaks fixed and the outside brick work fixed amongst lots of other work. With all the windows cleaned & restored the light of the setting sun was able to shine through and show the best details of the Cathedral. Cathedrals & churches exist as structures for us to come away from our busy lives, enter a special place to pray & worship God. The beauty of the Cathedral brings about a sense of joy and wonder and reverence.
We look forward to being able to experience this when we celebrate our end of year Mass & Yr 6 Graduation on 6th December at 10 am.
The P&F wishes to thank everyone who came to the Short Supper and made the day such a success!
We are pleased to announce that the profit amount raised for the day was $2501.90, which will be put towards the costs of the shade sails over the play equipment.
If you have an older student attending Trinity Catholic College you are entitled to a 50% sibling discount on the CEO Primary Tuition fee charged at Ss Peter & Paul’s.
To be eligible for the discount you are required to email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Information from Transport for NSW>>
Applications for student travel in 2023 opened on Monday 10 October 2022. Students who need a travel pass for 2023 can apply now.
A new application will need to be submitted if:
- they are applying for the first time, or
- if they are requesting an additional travel entitlement as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody).
Students who change address, school, campus location, have repeated a year or received an expiry notification from Transport for NSW for their school travel entitlement should renew or update their details before the end of term 4. This will ensure that schools can endorse applications, and entitlements remain valid for the start of the 2023 school year.
If a student’s distance eligibility has changed based on their grade (i.e. grade two to grade three), the system will automatically update their entitlement if they meet the new criteria. If they do not meet the new eligibility criteria, we will send an expiry notification via email.
Travel from Term 1 2023
We ask that parents plan ahead and make sure their child knows which service/s to use and has a valid School Travel Pass to travel from the start of the school year.
Applications for 2023 School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) travel open at the start of Term 4 2022, so parents/students can apply or update details early and be ready for the start of the new school year.
The start of the year is a busy period for local transport operators, and students travelling without a valid ticket make service planning and operations difficult.
We recognise that for some families last minute changes to school enrolments mean they may not have a Travel Pass for the start of term. Parents should contact their local bus operator (PBC Buses 02 4821 2320) to discuss their travel needs. Bus operators are flexible and understanding, particularly at the start of the school year, and will ensure students can travel safely to and from school. But to best support our operators we encourage all students to have a valid ticket, as early as possible, from the start of the school year.
Our Year 3 students completed their reconciliation today and we are all so proud of them and their efforts.
Advent Liturgy and End of Year Graduation Mass
We look forward to seeing lots of parents at our Advent Liturgy on November 29th and our end of year and graduation Mass on December 6th.
Ss Peter & Paul's Old Cathedral Reopening
We are also looking forward to the reopening of the Cathedral on Wednesday 30th of November and are currently preparing a small art project to be included on the day. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for the finished product.
We would encourage you to discuss with your child the events and distances that they can confidently and safely complete. There are events to cater for all students from non-swimmers to advanced. Limited non-swimming water activities will be held in the shallow end of the 50m pool. These activities are only for students who cannot swim 25 or 50m.
Events on offer:
- Freestyle 25m or 50m &/or 100m
- Backstroke/Breaststroke/Butterfly 25m or 50m
- Non-swimming activities
An entry form will be sent home with Year 2 & 3 to complete before House meetings if they would prefer.
Monaro 7's Touch Gala Day
Tennis Gala Day
2023 Sport Trials
There are a few changes for our Canberra Goulburn trials for 2023 due to the MacKillop trials being held very early next year.
Registrations are via the CSNSW Sport Website -
TENNIS AND BASKETBALL 2023
Canberra Goulburn Tennis and Basketball trials will be held on Friday 2nd December 2022 in Belconnen. This is open to students from Year 4 to Year 5 in 2022. (Registrations open on the 5th September and close on the 25th November 2022) Cost: Tennis $15 Basketball $20
Canberra Goulburn trials Friday 9th December in Lyneham. Open to boys and girls from Year 4 – Year 5 in 2022. (Registration open now and will close on the 5th December 2022) Cost: $15
Congratulations and Well Done!
Congratulations to the following students for their ICAS awards for Mathematics:
Participation: Mira Kdady, Elsie McClelland, Huxley Smith, Majd Kdady, Lexie Maple-Brown, Charlie Sieverts, Lara Booth, Tyler Toparis, Amelie Dale, Bella Dale, Oscar Taranto, Hugo Dillon
Merit: William Stein, Om Patel, Archie Reynolds
Credit: Willa Reynolds, Stephen Watson, Isabelle Howard, Sara Bhardwaj
We have been getting a large amount of forgotten lunches and unpaid IOUs. This is a huge strain on the canteen manually and financially. Below are a few procedures put in place to keep the canteen running smoothly and effectively.
- How to Order – place order on the Qkr app or write order on a paper bag with cash inside.
- QKR! Orders – are due by 9.00am on the day. Please remember that you can order up to a fortnight before. Also check that you have selected the correct day.
- Cancelled QKR! Orders - if you have placed an order and your child is not at school that day, you can cancel your order by going into “activities” and click on the minus icon before 9.00am. If you need to cancel the order after 9.00am you need to call the office or text Di on 0417 688 472 ASAP. If the order has already been prepared or made you may not receive a credit.
- No Lunch – if your child realises that they don’t have lunch before 9.30am a phone call will be made to parents. If lunch cannot be brought up to school, then the canteen can make lunch and an IOU will be sent home. If they realise after 9.30am a phone call will be made but only a sandwich can be made from the canteen - no hot food.
- Unpaid IOUs – please remember to pay your IOUs ASAP, either on Qkr or cash. Please check your child's school bag for these, or you can contact the canteen to get your balance.
Please note that canteen orders on Qkr now cut off at 9am.
PLEASE ensure that you place your child's lunch order prior to this time, and remember that you can order up to a fortnight in advance.
We currently have a shortage of size 2-8 blue socks and size 8 girls jumpers. These will be sent home when they are back in stock. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Summer Uniform in Term 4!
There are good quality pre-loved items at huge discounts available directly from the Uniform shop to cater for all budgets.
- New uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr. The order will be filled on Tuesdays and sent home with your child.
- If you are wanting to purchase some 2nd hand uniforms please visit the uniform shop during the opening hours.
- Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4 and Winter Uniform in Terms 2 & 3.
Hi, my name is Leanne Fawcett and I am pleased to be working with the students, staff and families at Ss Peter and Paul’s. I am here to provide therapeutic counselling to students and families and to work alongside school staff regarding student welfare and classroom issues.
When will I be at the school: I will be at the school every Friday
How can you can refer your child to the student and Family Counsellor: Speak to your teacher or complete the online referral form.
We have a new digital parent and visitor sign in Kiosk installed in the front office. It is very simple to use and helps the office staff greatly.
Staff will be on hand to assist you when you are first using the system. Please remember to come to the front office and sign your child/ren in if they arrive to school after 9.20am, and sign out if you are picking them up before 3.20pm.
A reminder that students should not bring toys and personal or valuable items to school in case of loss or damage.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY NAME SIGN WHEN PICKING UP FROM CAR LINE
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
A reminder to all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
Please also remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area.