Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Week 8 - Monday 22 November - Friday 26 November
- 2022 School Leaders Speeches, 12:15pm in the hall (Teams video stream available from 12:20)
- Years 3-6 vote for 2022 School Leaders
- Red Day orders due
- SCC Meeting, 7pm in the Staff Room
- Stage 1 Performance Assembly 'Mercy', 2:20pm
Week 9 - Monday 29 November - Friday 3 December
Monday 29 - RED DAY "FAREWELL YEAR 6"
- 2022 School Captains and Vice Captains Announced, 2:30pm in the hall (Teams link will be sent out to parents)
- Advent Liturgy, Stage 2, 10am
- Years 3-6 Sports House Captains speeches & vote for 2022 Sports Captains, 12:20pm
Week 10 - Monday 6 December - Friday 10 December
- Years 1 & 2 to Adventure Playground (Sports Uniform)
- 2022 Sports House Captains Announced, 2:30pm in the hall (Teams link will be sent out to parents)
- Year 6 Graduation Mass & Ceremony, 10am at the Cathedral
- Year 6 End of Year activities
- Years 3 & 4 to Adventure Playground (Sports Uniform)
- Kindergarten to Adventure Playground (Sports Uniform)
- Year 5 to Adventure Playground (Sports Uniform)
- Trinity Year 7 2022 Orientation Day 9:30-12:30 - NO BUS SERVICE
- School Reports available
Week 11 - Monday 13 December - Wednesday 15 December
- K-2 Awards, 10am (Parents may watch via video link)
- Sports House Reward, 1pm
- Years 3 & 4 Awards, 12:30pm (Parents may watch via video link)
- Years 5 & 6 Awards, 1:00pm (Parents may watch via video link)
Wednesday 15 - LAST DAY TERM 4 - CASUAL CLOTHES DAY
- EOD School Gathering, 2:30pm
Students MUST wear their school hat when playing outside at school.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL CLOTHING ITEMS ARE CLEARLY LABELLED.
TERM 4 FEE COVID RELIEF FORMS DUE BY 29 NOVEMBER
- Catholic Education will again support families who have been financially impacted as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Term 4. To apply for fee relief, you are asked to indicate the level of assistance you feel you need at this time by completing a one-page fee assistance form (COVID-19 Fee Assistance Request Form) attached. Your level of fee support will be confirmed as soon as possible.
- Remember to purchase the 2021 Yearbook! The cost is $25 per book and can be paid via Qkr or cash at the office (no eftpos or credit card).
YEAR 6 2022 JERSEY
- The cost of the jersey is $85.00. Payment can be made on Qkr and is due by Friday 26th November.
SCHOOL TRAVEL PASS APPLICATIONS
- Students who need a school travel pass for 2022 can apply now. A new application will need to be submitted if:
- they are applying for a school travel pass for the first time, or
- they are requesting an additional travel entitlement as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody)
- Students who change address, school, campus location, or who have repeated a year or received an expiry notification from Transport for NSW for their school travel entitlement, should renew or update their details before the end of term 4. This will ensure that schools can endorse applications and current entitlements are updated and remain valid.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school early please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
PLEASE DON'T PARK ACROSS DRIVEWAYS
- Please remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area. Please see the below image which details some of the road and parking rules that can incur fines.
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
- A reminder all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
- Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
With the ongoing COVID restrictions in schools we will not be able to invite parents to our presentation ceremonies this year.
The ceremonies will be held in our separate cohort system. We will send out a link for families to watch these live.
- K-2 Presentation is Monday 13th December at 10am
- Years 3-4 Tuesday 14th December at 12.30pm
- Years 5-6 Tuesday 14th December at 1pm
Let us hope that next year we will be back to having parents, friends and families at all these school events.
A reminder to Year 6 parents that Year 6 Graduation Mass and Special Awards Ceremony is on Tuesday 7th December at the Cathedral and families of Year 6 are welcome to attend.
ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND EXCURSIONS
During Week 10 classes from K-5 will be visiting the Adventure Playground to celebrate the end of the school year.
They will be travelling by bus and this excursion is covered by the local excursion note. Students should wear their sports uniform Specific dates are detailed in the dates to remember section of the newsletter.
I would ask families to help us by having a chat to their children about behaviour in the toilets. We are constantly repairing broken doors, toilets seats and toilet paper holders that have been stood on, cleaning up wet paper towel which is thrown on the ceiling and the deliberate blocking of sinks. If your child has seen anyone doing these things please get them to tell their teacher.
Repairing this damage is time consuming and a waste of resources. Your help in talking to your children about this would be appreciated.
SEMESTER 2 REPORTS 2021
This note was sent out last week on Compass.
With the loss of many weeks of student’s face-to-face work with teachers this semester it has been very difficult to teach and cover some of the curriculum. Therefore we will only be assessing and sending home reporting grades for Mathematics, English and Religious Education. These are the main areas of the syllabus we have concentrated on this semester. There will be no comments on the reports; however teachers will ring each family to discuss your child’s report and progress during the next few weeks. With COVID restrictions parents and teachers can only meet face to face when emergencies arise so phone meetings are ideal. Teachers will ring you sometime between 15th November and 26th November. If you have a time that would suit better, please let your child’s teacher know directly. These phone meetings should be for about 10 minutes. Also staff could ring using their own phone so you might receive an unknown caller or a number you do not recognise.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am pleased to announce that Mrs Sarah Brown (no relation to Mr Brown) will being joining our staff as a fulltime teacher in 2022. Sarah has been working in Canberra for the past few years and is looking forward to being closer to home.
This year the Year 6 Graduation Ceremony will be part of the Graduation Mass, followed by lunch and a colour run.
All actvities will take place on Tuesday 7 December.
The Graduation Mass and Ceremony starts at 10am at Ss Peter and Pauls Cathedral. Students are able to invite 6 guests to attend.
Students then return to school for a pizza lunch and to enjoy their cake, followed by the Colour Run. Please note that this is at a cost of $20 per student and is payable via Qkr.
Feel free to contact the office if you have any questions.
In commemoration of Remembrance Day, last week our students and staff gathered in a Covid-safe manner to pay our respects to those who sacrificed their lives during war. Our students were impeccably reverent, respectful and well-mannered. A huge thank you to 5/6A and Miss Atkinson for your time and effort in organising everything so well.
It was exciting to see some students bring in photos of their great- great-grandparents who fought in the First World War and honouring them through prayer and words.
A Prayer for Remembrance
Today we remember with thanksgiving those who made the supreme sacrifice for us in time of war. We pray that the offering of their lives may not have been in vain. Today we dedicate ourselves to the cause of justice, freedom and peace; and for the wisdom and strength to build a better world.
Year 4 and 5 students interested in trialling for the 2022 C & G Basketball and Tennis teams are asked to apply via the online link below. Trials will take place on Wednesday 2nd February (week 1), 2022. It will be too late to register in week 1. Information on how to nominate is on the website page.
Helping Kids to identify and express their feelings
Sometimes children have big feelings and it is difficult to know how to respond as parents. Big feeling are often expressed as behaviour that can be best described as challenging! As a parent you have an important role to play in developing your child’s emotional skills and helping them to learn healthy ways to express their feelings. We know that children who learn to cope with and express their feelings are more likely to have good mental health and wellbeing, be more resilient and able to cope with change and setbacks, display less behavioural problems and be more confident and have a positive sense of self. So the earlier we can build a child’s ability to identify their feelings and implement healthy coping strategies the better!
Here are some great tips from the Kids Helpline that can help your child to learn about expressing their feelings:
- Tune into cues
- Behind every behaviour is a feeling
- Name the feeling
- Identify feelings in others
- Be a role model
- Encourage with praise
- Listen to your child’s feelings
For more information please visit Kids Helpline website for additional resources or contact Olivia, your school counsellor if you have concerns about your child’s ability to express their emotions or you need support to develop healthy coping strategies.
SCHOOL COUNSELLOR SERVICE
Please get in touch with Olivia either via the online referral form or her email (links both below).
This year school counselling will be available all day on Mondays. School counselling is offered to help students cope with stress, emotional and behavioural issues, mental health difficulties, and improve students' overall well-being. To engage with school counselling the online referral form will need to be filled out and this can be done on a mobile phone. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make contact with me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The canteen is open and ready for lunch orders weekly from Tuesday to Friday
Orders placed through Qkr must be no later than 9:30am, or please send the CORRECT money in a paper bag with your name, class & order written on the front. The Term 4 Summer Menu is attached below.
Please remember that the uniform shop remains closed.
- Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4. All summer uniform items are now available to buy. New uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr. The order will be filled on Tuesdays and sent home with your child.
- There are also lots of pre-loved, budget-friendly items available. If you are wanting to purchase some 2nd hand uniforms please contact the office.
Congratulations to the following students for successfully completing the 2021 NSW Premier's Reading Challenge!
- Grace in KW
- Hannah in KH
- Maya in KH
- Briar in KH
- Kyson in KW
- Sara in 1/2BM
- Will in 1/2BM
- Elsie in 1/2SA
- Hamish in 1/2SA
- Jess in 1/2HB
- Stella in 1/2HB
- Kai in 1/2HB
- Ava in 3/4Y
- Mia in 2/4Y
- William in 3/4Y
- Lilian in 3/4C
- Aleesha in 5/6M
Well done to all our Above and Beyond Award Winners for this week!
- KH - Nghia and Ashton
- KW - Grace and Charlie Hutchins
- 1/2BM - Sebastian and Heidi
- 1/2HB - Lucy and Ava
- 1/2SA - Alexis and Hamish
- 3/4C - Lachlan and Alina
- 3/4H - Mason & Harry
- 3/4Y - Harriett
- 5/6A - Charli Mc and Portia
- 5/6J - Daniel and Isaac
- 5/6M - Lexie & Imogen
The Trinity 2022 Year 7 Orientation Day is on Friday 10 December.
Please note that there WILL NOT be a bus service to and from Trinity. Parents will need to drop their children to Trinity at 9:30am and pick up at 12:30.
AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS 2022
Goulburn Mulwaree Council and the Goulburn Australia Day Committee are calling for nominations for the local citizen, young citizen and event of the year awards. Nominations for citizen of the year and event of the year can be completed online. Hard copies can be downloaded via this link or picked up from the Goulburn Civic Centre in Bourke Street. Nominations close COB Friday 17th December 2021.