- Dates For Your Diary
- Don't Forget...
- From the Principal
- P&F Fundraising Raffle Winners!
- Religious Education News
- School News for Parents
- Year 6 2022 School Jersey
- 2021 Yearbook
- SPPFC News
- Above and Beyond Awards... Remote Learning Edition Week 10 Term 3!
- Trinity Catholic College
- Community News & Events
Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Week 2 - Monday 11 October - Friday 15 October
- NR Public Speaking competition - Year 4
- NR Public Speaking competition - Year 3
- School Leaders Performance Assembly 'Service', 2:20pm
Week 3 - Monday 18 October - Friday 22 October
- Kinder 2022 Parent Information Session (Online)
- P&F Meeting 6pm TBA
Week 4 - Monday 25 October - Friday 29 October
- 5/6J Performance Assembly 'Justice', 2:20pm
Week 5 - Monday 1 November - Friday 5 November - FAMILY WEEK
- All Saints Day Mass, 10am
- Year 6 Camp TBA
- Year 6 Camp TBA
- Year 6 Camp TBA
SCHOOL ACCESS DURING LOCKDOWN
- As the lockdown continues, please remember that the school is open to students of essential workers, however remains closed to parents and carers. If you need to come to the school for any reason please come to the front office and call the number there to speak to a staff member.
PLEASE DON'T PARK ACROSS DRIVEWAYS
- Please remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area. Please see the below image which details some of the road and parking rules that can incur fines.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school early please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
- A reminder all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
- Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
Welcome back to Term 4. I would love for things to have been different with classes resuming as normal however Covid restrictions still weigh us down and we do have cases in Goulburn. “Stay at home” restrictions are in place until 11th October. We may become one of the areas having a staged return from 19th October. I think in practice families have students in many classes and I understand they will need to send back all their children. As always we will endeavor to keep you informed of the latest situation.
When we return to school we will still be under heavy restrictions which includes no activities outside the school, only essential people on the school grounds and keeping student groups separated (in other words no whole school assemblies, masses, etc). Orientation activies for Kindergarten 2022 cannot go ahead at this stage, however further advice might change this. The canteen will not re-open immediately to give Mrs Bennett time to restock. The uniform shop will continue with online orders only. If parents need to contact the school or a particular teacher please email or call. Meetings can only be held in person in emergencies so please do not enter the school office. Masks are mandatory for all adults on the school grounds. They are optional for students.
Any students with COVID symptoms will be sent home as soon as their parent can be contacted. We will continue to encourage good hygenie practices and ask students to wash their hands on arrival at school. We will be endeavouring to keep the classrooms well ventilated with windows and doors open where possible.
I would like to express thanks for your wonderful support during the past few months. I feel that while it has been difficult for staff, you as parents have to juggle many things. Do not be hard on yourself as you have done a terrific job. With a minimum extra curricular distractions on returning to school we will have students working hard to return to the familiar habits and expectations of being at school.
WE ARE SO LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING ALL OUR LOVELY STUDENTS BACK AT SCHOOL!!!!
Vaccinations – Ss Peter and Paul’s Primary School follows various COVID-19 Safety requirements as advised by NSW Health which seek to prevent and minimise the transmission of COVID-19. The safety and wellbeing of students and staff is the primary consideration of any decision related to re-opening schools.
- minimise opportunities for transmission and enhance contact tracing; and,
- minimise the potential for widespread infection across the school and wider school community.
All our school staff have been encouraged to be vaccinated, and I can advise that many of our staff are vaccinated or in the process of doing so. Due to Australian privacy law requirements, we are unable to advise the vaccination status of a individual schools or school staff.
With the uncertainty around the Trivia Night for 2021 going ahead, the P&F decided to raffle off the generously donated prizes and we are so happy with the results! Thankyou to all thosed who donated these prizes and to Mrs Ashley-Jones for organising the Jerseys! All money raised goes towards providing resources for the students at Ss Peter and Pauls.
Our current item to be raffled off is the third and FINAL NRL Jersey, which is a SIGNED 2021 NSW Blues Jersey!
Tickets are $5 each and close this Friday 8 October. They are available through Qkr or via online bank transfer for those people not at our school.
All details can be found on our school Facebook page.
It all started on 23 September with our first online raffle selling out in a matter of hours! With a 1 in 5 chance of winning a great prize pack it certainly was popular! We raised $500! Congratulations to 5th prize winner Janelle, 4th & 3rd prize winner Diane, 2nd prize winner Penny and 1st prize winner Mel!
The very next day the first of our NRL Jersey raffles closed. Up for grabs was the signed 2021 Manly Jersey! Congratulations to winner Kevin Luckman! This raffle raised $750!
The community of Ss Peter and Paul's wishes Ms Rowena Atkinson, 5/6A's teacher a speedy recovery after undergoing back surgery over the holidays. We pray to St Raphael the Archangel for her safe and speedy healing and St John to keep her well.
As we enter remote learning again, please find comfort in the words from the image below.
Please remember that the canteen remains closed while we are in lockdown.
Please remember that the uniform shop remains closed while we are in lockdown.
During lockdown all uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr!. The order will be filled during the week, and you will be contacted when it is available to be picked up.
Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4. ALL summer uniform items are now available to buy. There are also lots of pre-loved, budget-friendly items available to purchase.
While Olivia is unable to come to the school during lockdown, you are still able to get in touch with her either via the online referral form or email (links both below)
This year school counselling will be available all day on Mondays. School counselling is offered to help students cope with stress, emotional and behavioural issues, mental health difficulties, and improve students' overall well-being. To engage with school counselling the online referral form will need to be filled out and this can be done on a mobile phone. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make contact with me through email at email@example.com
A note to all parents and students for Year 6 in 2022:
We have started the process for the 2022 Jersey and will have sample sizes to try on as soon as restrictions are eased. We will then be able to order.
Full details will be communicated at a later date, but for now please see the below sample of the jumper!
The 2021 Yearbook is being sent to the printer and it will be ready for purchase before the end of the year. Cost is $25 per book.
The School Yearbook is a wonderful culmination to the school year. All students and classes are featured, as well as all sporting events, performances, excursions, etc.
Congratulations to all our wonderful students who are working so hard with remote learning! We have some special Above and Beyond Award Winners this week...
- Reuben, Hannah J & Briar - KH
- Olivia, Noah, Millie & Axl - KW
- Huxley, Eden & Will - 1/2BM
- Heidi & Carter - 1/2HB
- Elsie, Sonia & Dylan - 1/2SA
- Ty, Ashton & James - 3/4C
- Elsie, Austin & Chloe - 3/4H
- Ava, Ella & Tyler - 3/4Y
- Oscar, Ruby & Matilda - 5/6A
- Congratulations to all other winners who recieved an award!!
Well Done to Everyone!!!!!!
Go4Fun is back for term 4! After a stop/start year with covid, we are aiming to hold face to face programs in Goulburn and Queanbeyan from October 11th.
The Go4Fun Online program will continue to run in NSW for families who cannot attend in person.