- Dates For Your Diary
- Don't Forget...
- From the Principal
- 2021 Yearbook
- School News for Parents
- Religious Education News
- It's Fruit & Veg Month!
- Above and Beyond Awards... Remote Learning Edition!
- Classes of the Week... 3/4Y and 5/6M!
- SPPFC News
- Trinity Catholic College
- Community News & Events
Term 3 - Winter Uniform
Week 9 - Monday 6 September - Friday 10 September
Week 10 - Monday 13 September - Friday 17 September
Friday 17 - LAST DAY TERM 3
School Holidays 18 September to 5 October
Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Week 1 - Wednesday 6 October - Friday 8 October
- ICAS Writing
Week 2 - Monday 11 October - Friday 15 October
- SUPERKIDS Tech Rehearsal
- NR Public Speaking competition
- Kinder Performance Assembly 'Service', 2:20pm
SCHOOL ACCESS DURING LOCKDOWN
- As the lockdown continues, please remember that the school is open to students of essential workers, however remains closed to parents and carers. If you need to come to the school for any reason please come to the front office and call the number there to speak to a staff member.
PLEASE DON'T PARK ACROSS DRIVEWAYS
- Please remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area. Please see the below image which details some of the road and parking rules that can incur fines.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school early please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
- A reminder all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
- Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
As the lockdown drags on I want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. You are all doing a terrific job whether at home or school. The last day of term on Friday 17th September will be a casual clothes and well-being day. There will be no formal work set. I pray that we will all be able to return safely to school on Wednesday 6th October.
CLASSES in 2022
I am very happy to report that continued growth in our enrolments has resulted in the Catholic Education Office increasing our staffing in 2022. We will go from 11 to 12 classes and this means we will again have 2 Kindergarten classes in 2022. Over the next few weeks I will be working on a plan for the rest of the classes and what staff will be doing in 2022. It is very exciting to watch our school grow and families eager to attend our wonderful school.
It is with mixed emotions that I inform the school community that Mr Garreth Wigg, our Assistant Principal will be taking leave from our school from the beginning of Term 4 until the end of the 2022 school year. Family reasons compel him to work closer to home. He has made a great contribution to our school and we will miss his expertise, enthusiasm and great humour. I wish him every success in his new role he is taking on in Canberra.
I am in the process of appointing from the staff an Acting Assistant Principal until the end of the year. My aim is to appoint a suitable person and keep disruptions to the classes to a minimum in these challenging times. The position for 2022 will be more widely advertised later in the term.
Thank you for ongoing support of our school and I am sure you will joining me in thanking Mr Wigg and praying for him and his family while he is on leave.
Just a note to all families that we are currently working on the 2021 yearbook, and anticipate that it will be available for sale at some point in Term 4. We will share the specific details at a later date.
Student's in Years 3 - 6 are encouranged to design a front cover for the yearbook and submit it to the office for review.
You can email and scan the completed design to our school email address, or call the office to organise a time to drop it in. We will need to make a final decision in the first week of Term 4 so think about what makes our school great, what school means to you and get creative!
Please remember that the canteen remains closed while we are in lockdown.
Please remember that the uniform shop remains closed while we are in lockdown.
During lockdown all uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr!. The order will be filled during the week, and you will be contacted when it is available to be picked up.
Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4. ALL summer uniform items are now available to buy. There are also lots of pre-loved, budget-friendly items available to purchase.
While Olivia is unable to come to the school during lockdown, you are still able to get in touch with her either via the online referral form or email (links both below)
This year school counselling will be available all day on Mondays. School counselling is offered to help students cope with stress, emotional and behavioural issues, mental health difficulties, and improve students' overall well-being. To engage with school counselling the online referral form will need to be filled out and this can be done on a mobile phone. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make contact with me through email at email@example.com
Three years ago, in accordance with his letter 'Laudato si', Pope Francis declared September 1 to be a World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation.
It is a reminder to spend every day caring for the world we live in and all its natural wonders.
On the first day of Spring, the community of Ss Peter and Paul's encouraged families to spend some time away from screens and into nature to enjoy this wonderful weather.
In the midst of this pandemic, it is more important than ever to remember to go slowly, appreciate the small things and model to our children the importance of caring for creation.
Congratulations to all our wonderful students who are working so hard with remote learning! We have some special Above and Beyond Award Winners this week...
- Myra T and Chaz in KH
- Kyson and Lucinda in KW
- Clare, Michelle and Zach in 1/2BM
- Jessica and Hudson B in 1/2HB
- Callum, CJ and Bonnie in 1/2SA
- Georgia and Felicity in 3/4C
- Carter and Anabelle in 3/4H
- Hudson S and Zoe in 3/4Y
- Kade and Dallas in 5/6A
- Paige and Audrey in 5/6J
- Noah and Ruby in 5/6M
Well Done to Everyone!!!!!!
We are now well into our learning from home routines and children have been demonstrating a sustained effort in completing their work. Well done!Last week, we had our Lockdown locks competition. While members of our class were not the overall winner, we had some fantastic creative efforts!
Students at home and at school were tasked with designing nature shadow art, using only items found in their natural environment. Here are some of our top picks…
This week, children have been investigating fractions. They were challenged to locate fractions in everyday household items. We had some very creative representations…
We are still awaiting information from STFA as to what the end of the season will look like. Thankyou for your patience and we will let you know information as it comes to hand. We hope there are lots of backyard soccer games happening and that our players and their families are safe and well in the current environment.
Go4Fun is back for term 4! After a stop/start year with covid, we are aiming to hold face to face programs in Goulburn and Queanbeyan from October 11th.
The Go4Fun Online program will continue to run in NSW for families who cannot attend in person.